This post about spontaneous sex has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All thoughts and opinions are mine and my husband’s.
As a couple with no children, we have the freedom to be a bit more spontaneous when it comes to sex. No little prying eyes around (except for our beagle). With this freedom comes the option of sex in some interesting places. The other day I was doing a bit of online research to see what locations we could add to our “bucket list”. Unfortunately, I ran into article after article with ridiculous ideas of where you can have spontaneous sex. Here are the most common locations and why I think they just aren’t for us…
- In the car: What? At 42 years old, I don’t think I want to contort my body in the backseat of a car! Some posts even suggest doing it while driving. Huh? How is this possible? Don’t you need to see to drive?
- In an elevator: I’ve never understood this one. Doesn’t the elevator stop at random floors? I guess that adds to the excitement, but I don’t want people seeing my bare a$$ (or more) when the door opens!
- In a bathroom: Some articles suggest being intimate in a restaurant bathroom or in a bathroom at a friend’s house during a party. Maybe it is just me, but I don’t like the idea of trusting someone else to have cleaned their bathroom well enough.
- At Disney World: I actually found 2 articles that suggested finding a quiet space to get your freak on while at Disney. Okay, I get that it is the happiest place on earth, but come on! Imagine how much you would scare any little ones that happen upon you!
Since I couldn’t find a list that worked for us, I thought I would make one here and see what other people might add to the list.
Realistic places for spontaneous sex
While out and about:
Warning: It is illegal to have sex in some of these places, so keep that in mind. Oh, and don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Hotel room: This one may be a yawn for some people, but having sex in a hotel is great. You don’t have to clean up after yourselves, you can get room service and have breakfast in bed. Sounds pretty great to me! No need to plan in advance. In the mood? Just pull into the nearest hotel.
- Tent: Camping is not my favorite activity, but sex in a tent is a lot of fun. Keep a tent in your trunk for a spontaneous romp.
- Under a waterfall: Out hiking? Find a waterfall and utilize the private space behind it.
- Grassy meadow: Go to a local park or out in the country. Find a grassy meadow or one filled with flowers and lay out a blanket. Sounds pretty romantic! Can’t find one that is private enough? Grab that tent you have in your trunk!
- Back of a pickup truck: Although I don’t like the idea of having sex in a car, the back of a pickup truck is a different story. Just park somewhere deserted, grab that blanket and have some fun. Want a bit more excitement? Park in a not so deserted area, or how about a random truck? 😜
While at home:
No adventurous enough to have sex while out in public? Or maybe you don’t like breaking the law? Here are some ideas for at home.
- In front of the fireplace: Watching TV and feel a little frisky? Start up a fire and get down on the bearskin rug (everyone has one, right?).
- Pool: If you have a pool, this can be a fun place to get your groove on. Go ahead and skinny dip together. Just make sure you aren’t too close to your neighbor’s prying eyes!
- On the deck (or balcony): A lounge chair on your deck or balcony can be an exciting place for sexy fun at night. If it is daytime, again, make sure you are out of sight.
- In a hammock: Do you have a hammock hanging between 2 trees? Or maybe one setup in your yard? Head out back and swing into action. The fabric hammocks are more comfortable. I can’t imagine trying to have sex in one of those rope hammocks… imagine the places you would have rope burns!
- In the shower: This is not my favorite one as I have never really figured out the best way to do this. Maybe I am just too big? If you have some pointers, let me know. However, the bathtub is a great place. Fill it with bubbles and light some candles!
I really feel that these places are more realistic. Now we just need to get to work on this list! Where do you and your spouse like to have spontaneous sex? Have any good ideas to add?
Did you like this post? Why not share with your friends on social media using the buttons below?