This sweet and salty s’mores brownie recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackSnapShare #SnackStories #CollectiveBias
It is funny how food can bring back memories. When I think about summers growing up, I remember ice pops that turned my mouth strange colors and nibbling on those little candy dots attached to a paper strip. You know the ones I’m talking about? You’d bite them off and end up swallowing scraps of paper in the process. But most of all, I think of s’mores. The taste of chocolate and marshmallow always reminds me of summers at my grandparents’ cabin in the Poconos.
On warm summer evenings at the cabin, we would build a fire out front and roast marshmallows for making s’mores. Mesmerized by the fire I remember trying to get the marshmallow cooked just right—gooey on the inside and lightly toasted brown on the outside. My sister would always get impatient and light her marshmallow on fire and quickly blow it out. Either way, the layering of graham crackers, chocolate, and gooey marshmallows seemed like sweet perfection to us both.Did you know National S'mores Day is Aug 10? Try this recipe!Click To Tweet
Now, many years later, we can’t have those open fires at the cabin anymore. We still have the cabin, but the town it is located in doesn’t allow open fires. The same is true of where our current home is located. Of course, this doesn’t mean we can’t have s’mores anymore! I’m sure most of you know you can easily make them in the microwave, and we have done that on occasion. However, one of my favorite ways to have the sweet combination of chocolate, graham, and marshmallow is with a bit of added saltiness. I like to add either pretzels or potato chips to the sweet s’mores combo.
Perfect salty summer snacks
Potato chips and pretzels are always a summer favorite. Just think of the last picnic or barbecue you went to… always an assortment of them, right? Our local Giant grocery store has the usual aisle dedicated to these salty treats. That is where I picked up these Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® and Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels. They had so many different flavors and shapes to choose from, and they all are made from simple, high-quality ingredients! I picked up the original flavor of each so that I could eat them with different dips as well as use them in the recipe I want to share with you. As my husband and niece gobbled down the Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, I used the Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels to make Sweet & Salty S’mores Brownies.
A twist on traditional s’mores
Just look at that fudgy brownie topped with the delicious flavors of s’mores! Here is how you make them:
All you need to do is add some broken Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels to your favorite brownie mix before baking. Once they are done, you top them with more broken pretzels, melted chocolate, mini marshmallows browned under the broiler and crushed up graham cracker. Let them cool and enjoy! Here is the full recipe:
The combination of salty pretzels with sweet chocolate, graham cracker and marshmallow is perfect with brownies!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 box brownie mix & items needed to make it (eggs, oil, etc.)
- 2 1/2 cups Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels, broken and divided
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 large graham cracker rectangle or 4 small rectangles, crushed
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips, melted and divided
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions.
- Stir in 1 cup of broken pretzels and pour into a 9"x13" greased pan.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Remove from oven and spread remaining broken pretzels over top of the brownies.
- Using a spoon, drizzle half of the melted dark chocolate over the pretzels.
- Spread mini marshmallows over top of the pretzels.
- With the oven on broil, put the brownies back in the oven until marshmallows have browned on top.
- Drizzle remaining dark chocolate over top of the marshmallows.
- Spread the crushed graham cracker over the top of everything.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Snack better together. Share the Love (and win)
Share how you like to enjoy summer snacking and you could win! Just Snack, Snap, and Share you and your friends or family on Instagram and/or Twitter and enter below:
- (1) Grand prize- $10,000 cash prize for a family vacation of the winner’s choosing.
- (8) Weekly Winners- One weekly winner will win a year’s worth of snacks so they can continue to share the love all year long.
- (57) Daily Winners- winners will receive a $50 prepaid Visa gift card to stock up on snacks at their favorite retailer
What is your favorite s’mores recipe? Do you like to add a salty treat to the mix?