Welcome to week six of the Saturday Spark! Hopefully you will take the challenge and let everyone know how it is going in the comments section below.
Last Week’s Challenge
So, how did everyone do with the week 5 challenge – Don’t Tear Down? Did you refrain from talking trash about your spouse? Well, I found this quite easy this week. When your husband is such a sweetheart all week long, it isn’t too difficult! However, as I said before, I am going to try to stick with this challenge because I think it is important.
This Week’s Challenge – Double Date
Well, this isn’t exactly what you might think. I mean that you and your spouse should have two date nights this week. Take time for each other and plan an activity for just the two of you. You don’t have to go out, you don’t have to get a babysitter, and you don’t have to spend money. Just spend time together (twice this week) doing something that you love. Here are some sites that can give you ideas for fun and cheap date night ideas:
- 33 At-Home Date Nights from Simply Modern Mom
One fun idea: Play a game of “Would you Rather?” (she has a pdf version on her site)
- 68 Date Night Ideas from Muffin Tin Mom
One creative idea: Get an easy-to-operate remote-control plane, go to a park and take turns trying to avoid the trees.
- 20 Pocket-Change Date Night Ideas from Small Notebook
One cheap idea: Go to the book store and look at travel books, and then plan your dream vacation.
- The Dating category of posts from Still Dating My Spouse
One neat idea: Make a time capsule together.
- Date Night Ideas on Pinterest by Newlywed Survival
I will keep updating this board. Follow me on Pinterest
What is stopping you?
- You don’t have time for one date night let alone two? If you have time to sit and watch an hour TV show together, then you have time. Otherwise, you need to plan: make it after the kids go to bed, or make it a lunch date instead of a date night. Work around your schedules…Make Time!
- You can’t afford two date nights? Take a look at the At-Home and Pocket-Change posts above…you CAN afford it!
The 03.10.2012 Challenge
So, obviously your challenge this week is to have two date nights with your spouse. Start scheduling now! I am looking forward to this, all of the sites above have given me some great ideas.
Let us know how it goes – write a comment below or blog about your week and include your link in your comment (feel free to use the button above on your blog with a link back to this post).
Do you have an idea for a Saturday Spark Challenge? Let me know.
Sneak peak at next week’s Saturday Spark… Break Tradition.