Welcome to this week’s installment of the Saturday Spark! Each Saturday Spark will feature a challenge for you and your spouse designed to bring you closer and keep the spark alive! Hopefully you will take the challenge and let everyone know how it is going in the comments section below.
Butterflies and anticipation
When you first start dating, everything is new and exciting. You feel butterflies when you see one another, you can’t stop smiling, and you enjoy every minute. Wouldn’t it be great if these feelings could last forever? Although these feelings may “dull”, they are replaced with a wonderful feeling of comfort and love.
Recently, my husband and I were talking about our first few dates. We talked about where we went, what we did, and what we were thinking. It was funny how we each remembered different things. He could remember what I wore on our first date (I honestly can’t remember what either of us wore), and I could remember where (exactly) we first kissed. I think I could even show you the precise spot we were standing and that someone yelled “get a room” to us (embarrassing). Just talking about these memories brought back the feelings—the butterflies, the anticipation—and we were both smiling.
What do you remember about dating?
This week’s challenge is to remember when you were dating your spouse. You could do this a few different ways:
- Sit down and talk about it like my husband and I did. Ask each other questions, see what you remember, and what you may have forgotten.
- Write about it. Each of you jot down what you remember about your first date. Exchange notes and see if you are surprised by anything.
- Blog about it. If you have a blog, write a post about your first date with your spouse. How did you feel? What was the funniest moment? Have your spouse read the post and then you could talk about it.
Reminiscing is a great way of reconnecting—with each other, and with the feelings you had in those early moments.
Butterflies and anticipation…two things I loved about dating my husband. What about you?
This week I will offer $5 PayPal cash to a random challenge participant.
- Remember dating your spouse! Choose one of the following ways: talk about it, write about it, or blog about it.
- Write a comment below letting everyone know how it went by March 29, 2013 11:59pm EST.
- If you share a pic for this challenge on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Instagram, make sure to tag me so I can share and comment!
- If you write a blog post for this challenge, let us all know so we can stop by and comment.
- Make sure you are a Newlywed Survivor email subscriber so you can find out if you won. You can subscribe in the right-hand column of this page. The $5 PayPal cash winner will be announced in the April 2 newsletter.
I would love if you could spread the word about this challenge!
What do you remember about dating your spouse? ow.ly/jleUZ Join me in this week’s Saturday Spark challenge!
— Newlywed Survival (@NewlywedSurvive) March 23, 2013