When I lived on my own, it was very easy to take care of dinner – takeout, cereal, frozen meal, etc. When I got married I quickly realized that this wasn’t going to cut it anymore and I had to learn some recipes that I could make for my husband and I. I am in a constant struggle with my weight, so I want to keep finding recipes that are healthy. Here is one recipe that we both enjoy and I have added to our “rotation”. I will keep adding more recipes in later posts.
Tastes bad for you but is actually pretty healthy!
1 hour 25 sCook Time
- 2 cups diced boneless skinless chicken breast (I have used packaged precooked chicken strips)
- 1 10 oz bag of fresh spinach (or 10 oz package of frozen spinach â thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup of Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Light Mayo
- 1/4 Mozzarella low moisture part skim cheese
- 1 cup reduced fat Parmesean Cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Season chicken breast the way you would like and cook as you normally would. I usually season mine with some Mrs. Dash and a little garlic powder, then bake it with tin foil over it for 30 minutes, then 10 minutes without tin foil.
- When chicken is done, you can start the cheese mixture. Mix sour cream, parmesean cheese, light mayo, mozzarella, and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces (2 cups worth) then pour into medium bowl. Then add spinach to chicken and mix together.
- Once spinach and chicken is mixed well add HALF the cheese mixture. Mix well. Then pour the chicken, spinach mixture into round pan or dish and pack down. Take remaining mixture and spread over the top.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degreeâs. Makes about 6 one cup servings, so you will have sufficient leftovers for another night. I usually serve this with a salad on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?