Not too long ago, I introduced our dog Honey to Natural Balance treats and shared our experience with you here on the blog. We still buy these treats for her since she loved them so much. When Natural Balance wanted me to check out their Natural Balance Delectable Delights Wet Cups, I think I was more excited than Honey; I knew she was in for a great treat from a company that really cares about dog nutrition.
Making a dog bucket list
Honey loves to try new things and go new places. Last fall my husband and I came up with a bucket list of things to do. Not one for us as a couple, but one for us to complete with Honey. Since we don’t have kids, Honey is like a child to us and we like to do things as a family. Now that it is getting warmer, we decided to do another bucket list, but one for summer! This time, we included “try a new food” on the bucket list and Honey tried the Natural Balance Delectable Delights Wet Cups. I’ll tell you more about that later. First, the bucket list!
Our dog bucket list for summer
For our summer bucket list, we included some of the things we enjoyed from the fall bucket list and added in some new experiences perfect for the warm weather. Here is an alphabetical list of our summer dog bucket list ideas:
- Camping. We camped with Honey years ago (read about that adventure here). It would be great to go again.
- Chase a squirrel. Honey would do this every day if she could.
- Cuddle. This is a daily experience year-round!
- Eat a frozen yogurt. We freeze some unsweetened greek yogurt with a bit of honey mixed in for hot days in the sun.
- Frisbee on the beach. Every summer we head to the shore for a week, but Honey doesn’t get to come along. This year we are going to head down for a weekend and stay at a hotel that allows pets. We will make sure to bring along a frisbee for fun.
- Go on a road trip. Riding in the car with her head out the window is a favorite activity for Honey. So, a long road trip is right up her alley!
- Go swimming. Honey isn’t the best swimmer, but she likes hanging out near streams and lakes to smell all of the animals that have been there.
- Have a pupsicle. Last year I made these really good peanut butter swirl popsicles that are great for people and dogs! Get the recipe here.
- Picnic. We have a few parks nearby and we are going to pack up some goodies, a blanket and play toys to hang out after a hike through the park. Natural Balance Delectable Delights Wet Cups are perfect for this because they are in an easy to open container that I can peel back and serve to Honey.
- Play catch. My niece started softball this year and we’d love to see her play catch with Honey.
- Ride in a convertible. We are going to have to rent a car for this. I think Honey would love to sit in the back seat and smell the wind as it blows by.
- Roll around in the grass. Now that the lawn is lush and green, Honey enjoys finding something that smells gross (at least to us) and rolling around in it. At least once we are going to just let her do it and not worry about what is getting on her. We can just give her a bath afterward.
- Try a new food. Natural Balance Delectable Delights Wet Cups are at the top of the list!
- Walk. When it starts to get hot out, we have a hard time getting ourselves out in the heat. Taking Honey for a walk is a great way to get us up off the couch.
Free printable 8”x10” summer dog bucket list
If you like our list, use the form below to download and print it out.
Just cut along the gray line using scissors or a paper cutter.
Then pop it into your favorite frame or put it on your refrigerator as a reminder.
If you put it in a frame, you can use a dry erase marker to cross off things as you’ve done them. At the end of the summer, you can erase it and use again for next summer!
Honey’s experience with Natural Balance Delectable Delights
So far, we are able to cross off Try a New Food, Cuddle, and Chase a Squirrel. For the new food, we went to PetSmart and picked up the four flavors of Delectable Delights from Natural Balance:
- Delectable Delights Woof’erole
- Delectable Delights Surf ‘N Turf
- Delectable Delights Duck’en-itas
- Delectable Delights Fish N’ Chicks
I let Honey pick out which one she wanted to try first.
She chose the Surf ‘N Turf which is a chicken and tuna formula in broth with pumpkin and green beans. As with all of the Delectable Delights Wet Cups, it is a grain-free blend of wholesome ingredients for complete and balanced health.
You can see the chunks of pumpkin and green bean – awesome, right? We decided to add this to some of her dry food for an extra delicious treat. She was crazy about it!
This is exactly what I love about a bucket list; getting to see my dog excited and enjoying life. Natural Balance is a perfect match for this concept since they have such fun flavors with premium quality nutrition.
But don’t just take Honey’s word for it, you and your furbaby should check it out too! You really need to head over to the Natural Balance Instagram page for fun pics of dogs and cats and then check out their Facebook page for more information on the brand and the products they offer. After you are hooked, head to your pet store and pick up a few cups to celebrate summer with your dog.
Which flavor do you think your dog would choose first? Do you have any ideas to add to a summer bucket list? Share in the comments below.