We just tried this recipe from the Eating Well website and it was great! They have numerous recipes for two on their site, so it is a great resource for newlyweds.
Taste will vary depending on what type of chicken sausage you choose.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces (2 links) cooked chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sauerkraut, wine, pepper, caraway seeds and bay leaf; bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?