This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Columbus Craft Meats. All opinions are 100% mine. Chorizo & Hummus Stuffed Mini Peppers: the sweetness of the mini peppers contrasts well with the spicy chorizo. An easy and delicious appetizer perfect for a party.
Summer is a big party season! Memorial Day is coming up this weekend, then 4th of July, then Labor Day. Plus there are pool parties, block parties and barbecues all summer long. If you throw your own summer party, you definitely need some easy and delicious appetizers to serve your guests. When possible, I like to make some appetizers ahead of time. It makes the day of the party much less stressful. Then, if they need to be heated, I can either put them in the oven to warm or in the microwave for a quick heat up.
Crowd-pleasing party food
Before I get to my new favorite appetizer recipe, I want to share a really easy party food idea that everyone will love: meat and cheese. The best parties always seem to have a display of salami, cheese, and crackers and it is definitely a big hit. However, who wants to spend hours before a party cutting everything up? Not me! That is why I was so excited to find Columbus Craft Meats. Making salami in San Francisco since 1917, Columbus has an awesome assortment perfect for your next party. Here are some of my easy party favorites:
- Charcuterie Sampler: This sampler has 4 different salami flavors—Calabrese, Genoa, Italian Dry, and Sopressata—already sliced and ready!
- Paninos: Thinly sliced mozzarella rolled with Prosciutto or salami (Hot Soppressata or Genoa). These are great for snacks too! You can see one on the plate shown below.
- Pre-sliced Artisan Salami: You can get individual packages of Finocchiona, Crespone, or Hot Sopressata and they are antibiotic-free.
With the options above, all I need to do is put them on a tray and add in some sliced cheese and crackers! Can’t get much easier than that. In another post, I will show you how easy it is to create a beautiful charcuterie board using all of these delicious salami options. But now I want to get to the appetizer recipe I made with Columbus Craft Meats Chorizo: Chorizo & Hummus Stuffed Mini Peppers.
Chorizo and hummus stuffed mini peppers
This relatively easy appetizer starts with mini peppers. I purchased a variety bag of red, yellow and orange and cut them in half length-wise. After removing the seeds, I filled the peppers with Hatch Green Chile Hummus. This is a spicy hummus, but you can use any flavor you like including garlic, plain or roasted red pepper.
I put the hummus filled mini peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and topped them with thinly sliced and diced chorizo. The Columbus Craft Meats Chorizo Salame is made with smoked paprika and fresh garlic which is why I thought it would be great with sweet mini peppers.
Bake these for 10 minutes at 375° and then sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco.
Move to a serving plate and top with cilantro leaves.
Aren’t they so colorful? I love how they look on the table with the Columbus Craft Meats salami and cheese assortment. You can find the printable recipe below.
Do you have a favorite recipe using salami? I’d love it if you shared in the comments below.
Make sure to follow Columbus on Facebook for more great party ideas!
The sweetness of the mini peppers contrasts well with the spicy chorizo. An easy and delicious appetizer perfect for a party.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 5-8 Sweet mini peppers, halved with seeds removed
- 10 oz. package Hatch Green Chile Hummus (or any flavor you like)
- 4 oz. Chorizo, thinly sliced & diced
- 2 oz. Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 3 Cilantro Sprigs, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Fill mini pepper halves with hummus.
- Place filled peppers on a baking sheet and top with diced chorizo.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle queso fresco over peppers and top with cilantro leaves.
A spicy hummus works well with the sweet mini peppers. However, plain, garlic or roasted red pepper hummus would work if you prefer. Depending on size of mini peppers, you may have hummus left over.