As I’m sure most women would agree, chocolate is one of my favorite foods. I love it in all forms: candy, cake, icing, but especially when it is combined with peanuts or peanut butter. Don’t even get me started on my obsession with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches!
Today I have a new recipe for you, and it not only has my favorite combination of chocolate and peanuts, but it also has marshmallow! Check out these awesome chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow creme frosting. **drool**
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 ounces marshmallow creme
- chocolate syrup
- chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with liners. I like to use the no-fade liners because they're much prettier and they, well, don't fade! If your liners have foil in them, you'll need to spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, then add in vanilla. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the sugar mixture, beating well each time, until all incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffin cups - I use an ice cream scoop to measure - and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- Frosting: Using electric mixer set on low to medium, cream together butter and powdered sugar until soft and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract, mix. Gently fold in marshmallow creme until well combined.
- Frost with your favorite tip, and top with syrup and nuts!
The following items were used to make these cupcakes. (commission earned with sales)
So, what do you think? Will you be trying this recipe?