This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #GoAllNatural http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH
Now that school is back in session, my husband, Dan, has to get up about 30 minutes early. You may be wondering why, if we have no kids, does he need to do this. Well, with kids going back to school, buses are now back on the roads. They are everywhere, and for some reason they all seem to want to go on the same roads my husband takes to work.
Now, if you know my husband, you know that he is NOT a morning person! Not even close to a morning person. In fact, he has a name for the morning version of himself… he calls him “Morning Dan” (very creative, huh?). He talks about him like he is another person. He’ll say things like, “I’ll pack my lunch tonight so that Morning Dan doesn’t have to do it.” Or, “I’m not sure Morning Dan will remember to take these papers to work, so I will put them by the front door for him.”
Well, those 30 minutes of sleep were precious to Morning Dan. He got used to having them over the summer and really doesn’t want to give them up. So, I decided to start making him a breakfast he can take on the go with him. This will give 10-15 of those precious minutes of sleep back to Morning Dan and make him a little happier!
Ham, egg and cheese croissant muffins
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Smithfield All Natural Boneless Ham Steak - cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 oz package crescent dinner rolls
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Remove crescent rolls from package, unroll and lay flat - leaving 2 triangles together to form one rectangle.
- Pinch triangles together along perforation to create a rectangle.
- Cut this rectangle in half and repeat steps with the rest of the crescent rolls until you have 8 squares.
- Place each square into a non-stick muffin tin. Depending on your muffin tin, the corners of the crescent rolls may lay over the edges.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper if you like.
- Pour half of an egg in each croissant cup.
- Add 1/8 cup of Smithfield All Natural Boneless Ham Steak cubes to each egg.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes.
- Slide a knife around edges of each muffin to remove from muffin tin.
- Serve, or let cool and refrigerate or freeze for later.
This makes 8 muffins. I will usually double the recipe and put some in the freezer for later.
As you can see, Morning Dan is a little happier going to work today! He loves these breakfast croissant muffins, especially with the ham steak in it!
Want to try this recipe or another recipe with Smithfield All Natural Pork Products? Grab this coupon for $1 off Smithfield All Natural Pork Products available through Safeway Just4U online portal (while supplies last). Note: you have to register for Just4U to get access to the coupon. I found my Smithfield All Natural Boneless Ham Steak at my local Genaurdi grocery store, but you can find it at Safeway, Tom Thumb and Randall’s too.
— Newlywed Survival (@NewlywedSurvive) September 22, 2014
What recipe do you want to try the Smithfield All Natural products in? Share your favorite idea below!