September is a month of anniversaries for me! Most importantly, my hubby and I celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary on September 12; I can’t believe it has been 4 years already. Time is just flying by! September also marks the second Newlywed Survival blog anniversary! I started this blog the day after my second anniversary on September 13, 2011 with this little post. It has been a great ride (both my marriage, and the blog) and I am happy that they are both still going strong!
I have been thinking about different ways to celebrate these anniversaries, and came up with an idea that I am very excited about… I am starting a photo-a-day challenge. This won’t just be any challenge… every month (assuming you all are interested in participating), I will post a list of words inspired by love, relationships and weddings! Here is the list for September:
As you can see, each word is something that is either associated with the feeling of being in love, being part of a relationship, or the fun of a wedding celebration.
Who can participate?
Anyone who is in love! Do you have a husband, wife, lover, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, or partner? Then this challenge is for you!
How do you participate?
- Each day you should take a look at the prompt for that date. Think about what that word means to you and come up with an idea for a photo that represents that word.
- Be creative! You don’t have to take each word literally. Consider all of the meanings of the word. Get your loved one involved, and have fun with it!
- Post the photo to your favorite social media account along with the hashtag #lovemypartner. Or, if you are a blogger, you could share your photo on your blog (or maybe you could post a weekly or monthly photo wrap-up)!
Okay, you have shared your photo… now what do you do? Click on the hashtag #lovemypartner and see how creative everyone else is being with their photos. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Twitter (@newlywedsurvive) because I will be sharing a few of my favorite participant photos during the day. You could also head over to my Facebook page and share your photo there!
How will you remember what the word of the day is?
- Bookmark this page. Or, you could bookmark the site since I have included the list in the sidebar to the right.
- Post the photo above to Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Check my photos on Instagram or Twitter each day. I will include the word with my photo.
Help spread the word!
Since this is a new photo-a-day challenge, you will want to make sure to let all of your friends know about it! I would love it if you could do at least one of the following:
- Share the list on Instagram and tell everyone you are going to participate.
- Retweet this tweet.
- Share this post on Facebook.
- Share this post on Google+.
- Repin this pin.
- If you are a blogger, I would love it if you could blog about this, or include it on your sidebar!
Remember to include the hashtag #lovemypartner when you share!
So, are you in? I can’t wait to see all of your great photos!