Saying, “I love you,” to your spouse is important, but there are plenty of other ways to let your partner know you care without saying a word.
21 ways to say “I Love You” Without Saying a Word
- Laugh together – share a funny TV show, something you saw online or in the news, or something that happened in your day.
- Put your responsibilities away and do something fun with your spouse, especially if you can tell he/she has had a bad day.
- Surprise your partner with a sweet treat to share.
- Put your spouse’s favorite music on even if you don’t like it.
- Light a scented candle to make your home more welcoming at the end of your partner’s workday.
- Plan a movie night with your spouse’s favorite movie.
- Say yes to learning something new your partner is interested in or suggest a class you know he/she would love.
- Write a note to your spouse – keep dry erase markers in the bathroom and use the mirror for sweet messages.
- Anticipate your partner’s needs – have a cold drink ready on a hot day or a warm one when he/she comes in from the cold.
- Surprise your partner by buying a book or CD he/she will love or has wanted. Not in the budget? Borrow them from the library and set aside time for your partner to enjoy them.
- Make your spouse’s favorite meal or dessert.
- Always leave the gas tank full after driving the car and move the seat forward/back, so your spouse is comfortable.
- Change the wash, fold the clothes, clean the bathroom, vacuum….do a whatever chore needs to be done even if it’s not yours.
- Offer your spouse control of the channel changer or the takeout menu.
- Ask your husband/wife to join you to watch the sunset because there’s no one else you’d rather see it with.
- Make your bedroom a sanctuary by keeping it neat and tidy.
- Pick up after yourself and do your spouse’s chores when they’re super busy or stressed out.
- Say yes to visiting your spouse’s parents or his/her friends.
- Let your spouse have 20 minutes of time to themselves after work before dealing with problems at home.
- Refrain from saying “I told you so.” Say something supportive instead.
- Agree to disagree about important subjects and let it go.
How to do say, “I love you,” without saying a word? I’d love some new ideas!