Would you believe I have never tried a veggie burger? I’ve been afraid to buy them, but recently I came upon a recipe from Barefoot Essence by Jacqueline Fisch for a steak and potato salad that is vegan and uses veggie burgers. This looks like a great way to try my first veggie burger! Plus, it is a newlywed-friendly recipe since it serves 2-3.
If you are looking for more vegan and gluten-free recipes from a down-to-earth mom and cook, head on over to Barefoot Essence and get your fix! You won’t be disappointed.
- 2 grilled veggie burgers, sliced
- few handfuls of grilled or roasted diced potatoes
- 4 big handfuls of salad greens
- 1 avocado
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- few slices of red onion
- 1 medium tomato
- several slices of cucumber
- 1/2 daiya shreds (I used mozzarella flavor)
- drizzle of prepared barbecue sauce
- Distribute all ingredients except the veggie burgers, daiya and barbecue sauce amongst large plates.
- Top the cooked veggie burgers with daiya and warm up on a skillet or in the microwave. Or, if you havenât prepared them in advance, grill the burgers and top with daiya near the end of cooking to melt.
- Add the sliced burger to the salad and finish with a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
Have you eaten veggie burgers before? What do you think of this vegan recipe?
The recipe and photo shown above have been posted with permission from Barefoot Essence by Jacqueline Fisch.