I’ve partnered with DECOLAV to bring you these ideas for using bathroom furniture in other rooms of your house.
Look through a decorator magazine or website, and you will find a lot of ideas for reusing items from your house in your bathroom. An old dresser or desk as a vanity, or old pallets can become shelving. But have you ever thought about using bathroom furniture in other parts of your home? Whether you are replacing an old vanity and don’t want to throw it away, or love to find unexpected uses for furniture, there are many ways you can use bathroom furniture throughout your home. And I don’t mean using a toilet as a dining room chair!
Bathroom vanity uses
Vanities can be used in many different ways. For example, a double vanity like the one shown above could be made into a recycling station. Remove the sinks and place garbage cans below the holes. You now have a stylish recycling station that would look good in your kitchen. Plus, you would have extra counter space!
If you take part of your old cabinets/counter, you could use it in the laundry room to fold your laundry on, your garage for tools, or even in a shed for your garden supplies.
Over toilet cabinet uses
A bathroom wall cabinet like the one shown above could be used in many different ways:
- In an entry way. Place keys on the bottom shelf and gloves, hats and scarves in the sections above.
- In an office. Remove clutter from your desk. Place paperclips, note cards, and other office items on the shelves of this unit. Or, hang it above your printer and store replacement ink in the cabinet.
- In a bedroom. No room for nightstands? Hang one of these next to the bed. Install a reading light under the cabinet and put your book on the bottom shelf. The doors can cover all of your bedside junk!
Standing linen closet uses
A stand alone linen closet like this beautiful one from DECOLAV could be used in a couple ways:
- In a bedroom. Create more clothes storage. Pile your sweaters on the bottom, and hang hooks in the top section for scarves.
- In a mudroom. Keep kid’s accessories hidden. Purchase one of these for each child. Hang hooks in the top and bottom sections for kids to store their book-bags and jackets. Hang hooks on the outside for scarves and keys, and use the drawer for gloves and mittens.
Bathroom mirror uses
I received the bathroom mirror shown above from DECOLAV’s Gavin Collection and quickly realized that it didn’t have to be a bathroom mirror. Look at how beautiful it is… it would be great in any room of the house. We decided to use it in our dining room over a book shelf. It reflects our pedestal table and fireplace, and really opens up the room!
All of the above bathroom furniture can be purchased from DECOLAV. They have many different collections and styles for you to choose from and a bunch of ways for you to connect and get inspiration from them.
Find DECOLAV online:
Do you have any ideas to add? How have you used bathroom furniture in other rooms of your home? I’d love for you to share in the comments!
Want to win?
Do you like the mirror I got from DECOLAV? You can win one! One lucky Newlywed Survival reader will get the Gavin Collection rectangular mirror in their choice of Espresso finish ($590) or Dark Walnut finish ($612). The mirror measures 24″ W x 2.25″ D x 32″ H. Just complete the easy entry below to enter, and gain extra entries with the optional entry methods shown.
Giveaway begins at 1:00am EST, Friday, August 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59pm EST, Thursday, August 28, 2014.