This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All thoughts and opinions are mine and mine alone and should not be construed as medical advice. #TheMoodStrikes #CollectiveBias
As you know, I have been participating in the K-Y® Liquibeads Challenge. If you don’t know what I am talking about, make sure you read what this is all about, and how things have been going. My husband and I are still loving the K-Y® Liquibeads I got at Walgreens and how they give us the freedom to be spontaneous. I love that they are so easy to use and that I don’t have to worry about it feeling like a desert down there anymore!
This whole new freedom to be spontaneous has made me think about where (and when) we could be intimate. So, with anything, I headed to the internet to see what locations we could add to our “bucket list”. Unfortunately, I ran into article after article with ridiculous ideas. Here are the most common locations and why I think they aren’t for us…
- In the car: What? At 40 years old, I don’t think I want to contort my body in the backseat of a car! Some articles even suggest doing it while driving. Huh? How is this possible? Don’t you need to see to drive?
- In an elevator: I’ve never understood this one. Doesn’t the elevator stop at random floors? I guess that adds to the excitement, but I don’t want people seeing my bare a$$ (or more) when the door opens!
- In a bathroom: Some articles suggest being intimate in a restaurant bathroom or in a bathroom at a friend’s house during a party. Maybe it is just me, but I don’t like the idea of trusting someone else to have cleaned their bathroom well enough.
- At Disney World: I actually found 2 articles that suggested finding a quiet space to get your freak on while at Disney. Okay, I get that it is the happiest place on earth, but come on! Imagine how much you would scar any little ones that happen upon you.
Realistic places for spontaneous intimacy
While out and about:
- Hotel room: This one may be a yawn for some people, but being intimate in a hotel is great. You don’t have to clean up after yourselves, you can get room service and have breakfast in bed. Sounds pretty great to me! No need to plan in advance. In the mood? Just pull into the nearest hotel.
- Tent: Camping is not my favorite activity, but intimacy in a tent is a lot of fun. Keep a tent in your trunk for a spontaneous romp.
- Under a waterfall: Out hiking? Find a waterfall and utilize the private space behind it.
- Grassy meadow: Go to a local park or out in the country. Find a grassy meadow, or one filled with flowers. Sounds pretty romantic! Can’t find one that is private enough? Grab that tent you have in your trunk!
- Back of a pickup truck: Although I don’t like the idea of being intimate in a car, the back of a pickup truck is a different story. Just park somewhere deserted and have some fun. Want a bit more excitement? Park in a not so deserted area, or how about a random truck? 😉
While at home:
- In front of the fireplace: Watching TV and feel a little frisky? Start up a fire and get down on the bearskin rug (everyone has one, right?).
- Pool: If you have a pool, this can be a fun place to get intimate. Go ahead and skinny dip together. Just make sure you aren’t too close to your neighbors prying eyes!
- On the deck (or balcony): A lounge chair on your deck or balcony can be an exciting place for intimate fun at night. If it is daytime, again, make sure you are out of sight.
- In a hammock: Do you have a hammock hanging between 2 trees? Or maybe one setup in your yard? Head out back and swing into action. The fabric hammocks are more comfortable. I can’t imagine being intimate in one of those rope hammocks… imagine the places you would have rope burns!
- In the shower: This is not my favorite one as I have never really figured out the best way to do this. Maybe I am just too big? If you have some pointers, let me know. However, the bathtub is a great place. Fill it with bubbles and light some candles!
I really feel that these places are more realistic. Now that I am using the K-Y® Liquibeads, we can get to work on this list! Where do you and your spouse like to have spontaneous intimacy? Have any good ideas to add?
Save $1 on a K-Y® product with this coupon on coupons.com.
* If you are pregnant or nursing please consult a doctor prior to using.