This giveaway and post are sponsored by World Vision. All opinions are my own. #WVGiftCatalog #ShineBright
This is the giving time of year. Everyone is buying presents and thinking about what they want to get for friends and family. For many, it is also the time of year to think about giving to those in need. Maybe you donate money or time to help others, or maybe you donate gifts for children who may not get presents this year. These are all great ways to help people but have you thought about combining your gift giving and your donating into one activity? Yep, you can shop for your loved ones while also helping those in need! Let me introduce you to World Vision’s Gift Catalog.
World Vision handcrafted gifts
World Vision’s Gift Catalog allows you to find ‘feel-good’ presents that change lives all while shopping at the last-minute from the comfort of your couch! Think of it as giving a donation and receiving a handcrafted item you can keep for yourself or give to someone on your list.
Give a gift that will have an impact long after the holiday season. #WVGiftCatalog #ShineBrightClick To Tweet
“We want people to feel that ‘Christmas glow’ that comes from giving the perfect gift to the one you love. But the presents in our catalog are meant to go well beyond that to changing a life in meaningful and tangible ways,” said Cheryl DeBruler, World Vision’s Gift Catalog Manager. “Whether it’s providing a livelihood and step out of poverty for a mother or helping a family here in the U.S. with food during natural disasters, with just a click and print, people can give a gift that will have an impact long after the holiday season.”
Gifts that give hope
World Vision’s Gift Catalog offers gifts that have a multiplier effect—positively impacting the giver, receiver and those in need. Eliminate shopping guilt and join World Vision’s efforts to tackle poverty and injustice around the world, helping children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential.
When you make a donation to World Vision’s “Where Most Needed” fund, you can choose from different items to receive as a meaningful memento of your gift. Here are some sample ideas:
- The Heaton Hope Bracelet ($100) – This year, everyone’s favorite TV mom, Patricia Heaton, has partnered with World Vision to design the Patricia Heaton Hope Bracelet. The name was purposely chosen to encourage people to feel hopeful about our world and to give hope, through generosity, to those in need.
- Vietnamese Tote ($100) – Disabled Vietnamese women gain independence by creating these beautiful hand-embroidered purses.
- African Soapstone Box ($85) – Talented artisans bring raw stone to life with etched designs and hand dyed finishes that showcase modern African creativity and provide a sustainable way out of poverty.
- Charm Necklace ($100) – Made by a gold and silver plating specialist in India, the unique and elegant charms make this necklace a subtle statement piece.
- Infinity Scarf ($75) – This fashion-forward accessory is made by artisans in India who are trained in the loom industry to attain skills and a sustainable livelihood.
- Wraparound Ring ($55) – A vibrant, adjustable ring with aqua and blue chalcedony stones set in metal, made by female artisans in India.
Research shows that one generous person has a multiplier effect, impacting three others. With charitable giving through World Vision, you can help that generosity spread across the world!
What will you be buying from World Vision’s Gift Catalog this year?
Would you like to get all 6 items listed above? Go ahead and click on the links and donate, or enter this giveaway to see if you can win! Giveaway open to US residents 18+ and ends on 12/17/2017.