Since my Buffalo Piergies recipe went over so well at our last football get-together, I decided to try another pierogy recipe for the last (yep, they lost) Eagles game get-together we attended. This time I went for the Pigskin Pierogies for the obvious reason… pigskin for football!
Perfect food for Super Bowl Sunday
I thought I would share this recipe with you because (again) it was a huge hit, and it would be perfect for your Super Bowl Sunday parties. What makes a perfect Super Bowl Sunday food? Well, when you go to a get-together for a sporting event, you want to bring a dish that is easy to make, and easy to eat. These Pigskin Pierogies only have 3 ingredients, take about 10 minutes of prep time and up to 18 minutes to bake. So, they are definitely easy to make! They are easy to eat because you can eat them with your hands. No need for utensils, and no need for a dip. Just pop ’em in your mouth and enjoy!
3-Ingredient Pigskin Pierogies Recipe
Here is how you make this awesome appetizer.
Setup: Defrost your mini pierogies (either Potato, Cheddar & Bacon, or Potato & Cheddar) and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Prep: Cut your bacon slices in half and wrap a half slice around each pierogy. Place the wrapped pierogy on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each pierogy with brown sugar. The recipe says this is optional, but I did it and HIGHLY recommend it – it was delicious!
Cook: Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes. Turning once halfway through.
When finished, this is what they look like:
Don’t they look delicious? Well, they are!
10 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 1 (12 ounce) box Potato, Cheddar & Bacon Mini Pierogies or Potato & Cheddar Mini Pierogies
- 14 slices of bacon (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Defrost Mini Pierogies by placing in boiling water for 2 minutes or refrigerating them overnight.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around each Mini Pierogy.
- Arrange wrapped Pierogies on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired. (I recommend it)
- Bake at 400ÂºF for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden browned, turning once.
Get more great recipes from Mrs. T’s and follow them on Facebook or Twitter.
Do you have an idea for game day pierogies? Let us know in the comments below!