How sweet it is to feel so in love and lust as newlyweds! A roll in the hay with hubby can feel as thrilling, sweet and wholesome as riding a Ferris wheel at night at a summer country fair. Right?
What if you want to borrow that county fair inspiration for your home decor but don’t want to go overboard? Here are 5 Facts You Need to Know from first-hand experience (pet-sitting in suburbia for an owner of 2 rabbits and a duck).
1. Skip the urban poultry farm. Oftentimes, well-meaning amateur farmers have to give up hens to shelters in less than 5 years because the hobby becomes too expensive to handle. Instead consider raising just one Pekin duck as a indoor/outdoor pet. Trust me, he/she will give you all the novelty of farm life without giving up your day job and Green Mermaid Americano habit.
2. Spay your rabbit even if you adopt two females. Warning: a stomp from a bunny is a warning that she will bite. They will fight if one is spayed and the other isn’t. They are likely to stop fighting each other once this is resolved.
3. Slow down. Don’t miss out on inhaling the sweet scent of green-gold Timothy hay that the rabbits eat 24/7. Sit on the porch for at least 25 minutes and practice with your hubby for retirement even if that’s 3 decades away. In other words, hold hands and make out. Be that couple that makes others squeal, “They are so cute! Kill me now!”
4. Select functional beauty. Instead of buying Restoration Hardware or Potty Barn faux farm implements, consider browsing a hay and feed store for useful and pretty items to care for your rabbit/duck. Choose pet care equipment as you would furniture for your home. Pose together as newlyweds in sexy jeans, retro headscarves and handsome country-inspired hats as duck parents using your tablet as a camera.
Transfer these images to canvas, using a photo transfer decoupage paste, after you’ve stylized the 3 best photos using your smartphone app of choice. Save the sexy cowgirl photo for his wallet.
5. Sow for a bountiful harvest. Sow sweetness through acts of kindness daily. Husbands love flirty silliness from wives. Use your imagination, ladies. Also be open to receiving love gifts from hubby even if he’s clumsy or absent-minded. Know that when he makes fresh lemonade but forgets the sugar, you are just the woman he chose to sweeten his life.
Do you have any farm-inspired ideas to add?