I am constantly looking for slow cooker recipes that are easy and healthy. Sometimes when you find a slow cooker recipe, it will have 20 ingredients or considerable prep time. I want to throw ingredients in and enjoy the meal later in the day…no hassle. Here is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes:
Low prep - gotta love it!
5 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 (2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 (1 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 TBS minced garlic
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet.
- Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.
- Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.
What a great source of protein!!! Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?