This recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
A simple weeknight meal
I am always searching for easy, yet delicious dinner recipes. I like to save any difficult or more in-depth recipes for the weekends when I have more time to spend in the kitchen. My go-to weeknight meal is usually a crockpot meal. I love crockpot meals because I can usually prep them in less than 30 minutes and then let the crockpot do its thing.
Lately, I have been growing tired of the same old crockpot meals and started looking for ways to make my weekend meal ideas easier so I can make them during the week. My latest discovery? Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking. I found these cute little cartons hiding in the soup aisle at Walmart and started coming up with ideas right in the store.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking come in the four flavors shown above:
- Sweet Onion (a savory addition to meatloaf and skillet dishes)
- Mexican Style Tomato (great for Mexican dishes)
- Savory Portobello Mushroom (great for skillet dishes)
- Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (perfect for pot pies)
My husband and I love Mexican food, so I decided to make something with the Mexican Style Tomato.
Easy Shrimp Enchiladas with Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking
The Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato Soup box has a crazy easy recipe for chicken enchiladas. I decided to make my own twist with shrimp and a few more add-ins.
8 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell'sĂ‚Â® Mexican Style Tomato Soup
- 1 pound raw shrimp (shell and tail removed)
- 1 small chopped onion (or 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion)
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 16 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray 2 9x13 dishes with cooking spray.
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and shrimp to pan. If shrimp are large, cut into smaller pieces. If they are small, you can put them in whole.
- Heat until shrimp is almost completely pink. Shrimp will cook the rest of the way during baking.
- If you used frozen onion, you may need to drain some liquid from the pan before moving on.
- Stir in 1 can diced green chilies and 1/2 cup of Campbell'sĂ‚Â® Mexican Style Tomato Soup.
- Remove from heat.
- Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds to warm them and loosen them up.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of shrimp mixture into tortilla.
- Top with some green onion and cheese.
- Roll tortilla and add to 9x13 dish with seam-side down.
- Repeat until all 16 tortillas and shrimp mixture are used. Place each enchilada close to the previous one in dish.
- Pour remaining Campbell'sĂ‚Â® Mexican Style Tomato Soup over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with optional fresh cilantro and sour cream.
To make prep even easier, use the frozen chopped onion and pre-diced green onion.
You could also use cooked shrimp... just cook the onions in the skillet and mix in the cooked shrimp with the soup and green chilies.
Be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking, and don’t forget to download this $.75 coupon on Walmart.com. It is valid for 1 month starting 3/13/2015.
How would you use Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in a recipe?