This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
With January in full swing, many of you (like me) are probably starting to waver from your New Year’s resolution to eat healthier. The struggle is strong, and it doesn’t help that the football games and get-togethers are ramping up. I think that one of the easiest ways to stick to a healthier lifestyle is to stick to healthier snacks. Snacks are my downfall. I crave sweets, salty treats, and cheesy goodness. So, if I can incorporate these into my snacks and still keep it healthy, I am thrilled. That is exactly what Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese does for me—it is healthy AND satisfying!
Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese
Now, I have a really easy recipe to share with you. I’m sure you saw the photo above. But first, let me tell you more about the Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese that I ended up using in the recipe. As I mentioned above, I love to snack. I enjoy grabbing something quick to munch on when I’m working, or when I am off running errands. It keeps me from stopping to pick up a candy bar or a sugary, hot beverage with whipped cream topping.
You have to agree, that one of the easiest snacks to take on the go is string cheese. Since it is individually packaged, I can toss one or two in my purse as I head out the door and enjoy a snack while I am out and about. I’m sure you have heard of the point system they use when following the Weight Watchers system. Their string cheese is only 1 SmartPoint per serving, is made from milk and is actually delicious. I swear!
Don’t believe me? Take the Great Taste GuarenCheesed challenge and try it out for yourself. Great Taste GuaranCheesed! Love it or get your money back.* Head over to Walmart, like I did, and pick up some Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese. Don’t forget to get this digital savings offer while it lasts: Save $1.00 on 2 Weight Watchers Cheese items at Walmart.**
Healthier Cheesy Garlic Breadstick Recipe
With all of the football games lately, we have had a ton of finger foods around the house! I decided to use the delicious Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese to make a finger food a bit healthier. That is how I came up with these really easy cheesy breadsticks. For the basic version, only 3 ingredients are needed: string cheese, pizza dough, and dipping sauce. I made mine extra special by adding in the garlic topping. Perfect for a snack during a game, or as a side for your Italian dinner. Just look at the photo below to see how great the string cheese is in this recipe (and that is only half a stick)!
Check out the recipe below for full details:
Yields 8-10 breadsticks
An Italian dinner favorite made cheesier!
10 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
26 minTotal Time
- 5 Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese, cut in half longways (or 8-10 whole cheese sticks for extra cheesy)
- Marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- 1 13.8oz tube of refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 Tbs melted butter (See instructions below for alternative)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap 5 Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese sticks and cut in half longways (or unwrap 8-10 sticks for cheesier end result).
- Open tube of pizza crust and lay flat.
- Spread out the crust so it is twice the length of a cheese stick.
- Fold crust in half.
- Line up a cheese stick at the end of the crust and roll until just covered. Then cut the dough.
- Press dough together around the cheese stick until you can't see the cheese.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps for remaining cheese sticks.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove from oven. (Bake according to pizza crust package instructions) If you aren't adding the garlic topping, skip the next 3 steps.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Brush mixture onto the breadsticks.
- (Alternative) If you don't want to use butter, you can lightly brush the breadsticks with olive oil and then sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning over them.
- Put breadsticks back in oven and bake for an additional 6-10 minutes. Breadsticks should have a touch of golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and pop one in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to reheat.
Will you be trying Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese? How about this recipe? I’d love to hear what you think!
* For consumers who are concerned about the taste of the product Weight Watchers is providing a money back guarantee offer valid from January 1, 2017 – April 30, 2017. Full Terms & Conditions, as well as rebate details, can be found at www.TakeTheGreatTasteChallenge.com.
** Offer begins January 1, 2017 and ends January 31, 2017. Limited quantity of coupons available