I am in need of some talented, long-term contributors to join the Newlywed Survival team. I am looking for 2 or 3 experienced contributors to write 1-3 posts per month. These are paid writing positions with rates to be determined after applying.
Newlywed Survival is a blog for couples in the first few years of marriage. Children and religion are not topics that are included on this blog, so this should be kept in mind.
Post topics needed:
- Marriage: relationship, romance, in-laws (personal experiences preferred)
- Pets: I have dog posts covered. I’d be interested in anything related to cats or other pets.
- Easy DIY & Crafts
- Travel for couples: tips, specific locations, etc. (personal experiences welcome)
- Past experience blogging or writing for other bloggers under your own name. You will need to provide links to examples of your work. Note: I am not looking for ghost writers.
- All work must be original content and, once live, will become the property of Newlywed Survival and may not be republished or removed. You will receive full credit for the content.
- Posts should be written with good grammar, spelling, and include a minimum of 300 words.
- Topic and due date will be agreed upon prior to crafting a post.
- You must be able to provide high-quality, original photos for each post. You will need to provide samples of previous photo work to be considered.
- All photos should be Pinterest-ready: have good lighting, focus, and composition.
- Photos should be sized 1000 pixels (long side).
- Depending on the topic, you will be required to include at least 2-5 photos in each post. For example, a recipe or DIY will need more photos to convey process and showcase final product. However, a relationship post will not require as many images.
- You must include two main images that show what the post is about if shared on social media – one vertical and one horizontal photo.
- All posts will require my approval and may be edited prior to posting.
If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com with “Contributor Application” as the subject line and include the following in your email:
- Topic(s) you would like to write (see list of topics above).
- Provide at least three links that showcase your writing and original photos, preferably related to the topic(s) you are applying to write about. These links should have your byline (no ghost-written posts please).
- Keeping requirements in mind, what rate would you like to charge? If it is a different amount for different topics, please note.
- Do you have any experience as a newlywed? This isn’t required for all topics, but would obviously be helpful in the marriage topic.
- Is there any other information you would like me to consider? Let me know.
I look forward to reading your work. Thank you!