Combining households can sometimes be difficult. Especially when you each have a vision for a room and the visions are not the same. That is why I am starting a new type of post showing you how you can combine apparently differing tastes into one room. Now, keep in mind that I am not an interior decorator, so if I can come up with these ideas, so can you!
The design challenge
Today’s challenge is to create a dining room where one spouse wants to have an earthy look that includes this cowhide rug:
The design solution
- Elite Traverse Sphere Center Open Rod with Sliders, Color: Black
- Decorative Grommet Solid White Sheer Window Curtain Panel
- Set of 2 Chairs – Modern Style Black Finish
- Carved Wooden Bowl – Hawaiian Sea Turtle
- Decorative Leaf Embroidery Throw Pillow
- Handmade Pumpkin Wicker 18″ pendant lamp
- Round Sun Wall Mirror in Teak
Although the table and chairs are quite modern, the added touches of wood in the room give this dining room an earthy feel. What do you think? Is this a successful design style combination? What would you do differently?
Do you and your spouse have a design dilemma? Contact me and I will see what I can come up with!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.