As you may know, I have a work life outside of Newlywed Survival. I am a freelance web designer and developer and I also sell on eBay. Selling on eBay is not always the easiest thing to do. In order to get the most money for the items I put up, I need to research, take great photos, and word the listing properly with keywords so it can be found. I am always looking for ways to improve my listings and recently stumbled upon a great resource – Lynda.com.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is an online training library chock full of great videos. Their courses include home computing, photography, 3D animation, design, and so much more! I enjoy their design videos for my work, and my husband has found their home computing videos very helpful. In the photo below you will see what the home computing section looks like.
(1) This is where you can narrow down the courses by subtopics, the software you want to use (by name or by company) or by the course author.
(2) This is a list of some of the courses offered in home computing (there are many more that I couldn’t fit into the photo). You will notice the eBay for Sellers Essential Training near the bottom of the photo.
(3) On the right-side of the list, you can sort the courses by difficulty level, duration length, release date and more.
More about the Lynda.com online training courses
Once you decide on the course(s) you would like to take, you can begin. I, of course, chose the eBay for Sellers Essential Training course shown below.
(1) This is the table of contents for the course with links to each individual video. When you click on a video, a new window opens showing your video in QuickTime or Flash depending on your preferences.
(2) You can explore the course in more detail by looking at the other tabs. The transcript tab gives you a transcript of each video, and the author tab tells you about the course author. You can also set your course preferences and check out the frequently asked questions for the course.
(3) The duration of each video is shown (so you can plan your time wisely), and after you have viewed a video a little eye icon is displayed so you know that you’ve already watched that one.
How can you use Lynda.com?
Okay, now you may be wondering “What would I use this for if I’m not selling on eBay?” Great question! Lynda.com offers many online training courses that are great for newlyweds. You can learn more about photography and how to use photo software to enhance your photographs (great for those couple photo ideas I mentioned last week). There are also courses on finance software to help with your budgeting and video editing (want to create your own wedding video???). There are so many ways you can use Lynda.com! Here is a list of the home computing software you can learn…amazing, right?
How to join
Lynda.com is a membership site. You can join on a month-to-month basis (as low as $25/month with no commitment), or purchase an annual membership. There are other levels of membership as well. $25/month is an amazing price when you consider how much a community college course would be for any of these topics. Plus, you get to learn at your own pace!
Thank you Lynda.com!
Note: Giveaway is no longer available.
Disclosure: I was provided a year membership to Lynda.com to facilitate this review.