As you know, I have what some may call an unnatural love for my slow cooker. I can’t help it; it just makes dinner so easy! So, this week I thought I would share another great slow cooker recipe! This one I got from my Dad, and I am not sure where he got it but my husband and I LOVE this recipe. It is a staple in our house (pretty much every other week). How can you go wrong with a 4 ingredient recipe that you set and forget?
Although the photo shows this served over whole wheat pasta, it is also great with brown rice.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 89 mg
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 2 T tapiocca
- 2½ pounds chicken thighs (skin removed)
- Put first three ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and coat with the cranberry mixture.
- Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta or brown rice.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?