This week starts the 127 Yard Sale. If you live near 127, you know this sale brings in tons of traffic, lots of dealers and sometimes some really good deals!
I personally am excited about this week because I usually find some really fun deals. I never stop at the sales that look like they are dealers who do this every weekend. Usually the best deals are found off the road in the neighborhoods where individual families are just cleaning out their garage.
Tips for Yard Sale Shopping:
- Take small change. I always put several quarters in my pocket so I can pay for the small items I find.
- Know your spending limit before you leave the house. Don’t get carried away and spend more than you can afford on stuff you don’t really need.
- Go through the kids clothes before the yard sales. Make a list of sizes and needs.
- Don’t be afraid to shop for Christmas and birthdays at yard sales. Just make sure the item is something you would personally be thrilled to get before you ‘gift’ it.
- Be willing to negotiate. Often the seller is more than willing to come down in price.
What’s your best yard sale tip? Do you look forward to the 127 Sale? I’d love to hear your tips!