As a newlywed couple, you need to find recipes that are designed just for two. There are many cookbooks out there that are created just for couples. Here are a few: Cooking for Two 2013*, EatingWell Serves Two: 150 Healthy in a Hurry Suppers and Slow Cooking for Two: Basic Techniques Recipes. Finding recipes like these is much easier than having to cut a recipe in half, or save a bunch of leftovers.
Recently I found this great Greek Salad recipe that is perfect for those days when you don’t have a ton of time to cook, or for really hot Summer days when you don’t want to put on the oven. It was written to serve 1, but I have doubled it so you can make it for you and your spouse. If you want to make it a full dinner, you can add chopped up grilled chicken for some extra filling protein.
Recipe based off of 10 Minute Greek Salad for One from KikaEats
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 2/3â slice chunk of Athenos packaged feta
- 8 anchovies from jar or can packed in olive oil, adjust to taste
- 2 juicy tomatoes, cut in 1/2â chunks
- 2 Kirby cucumbers or 1 regular cuke, cut in 1/2â chunks
- 1 green pepper cut in 1/2â chunks
- 4 T chopped red onion
- 2 handfuls of Kalamata olives
- 1 pita broken into 1" pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Chopped up grilled chicken
- Place dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mash feta and anchovy dressing with fork to make a slushy mix.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl.
- Incorporate all ingredients well and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!
* This post contains affiliate links.
Photo and recipe used with permission from original source.